The Anoto Livescribe pen, is available at https://www.livescribe.com/.
The Livescribe 3 Smartpen, Pro Edition, is currently priced at £169.99 on Amazon.
Download the free accompanying Livescribe app at;
Designed to work and write like a premium ballpoint pen, the Livescribe 3 smartpen uses Bluetooth Smart to send everything you write to your smartphone or tablet.
Image from Livescribe Amazon listing
Livescribe notebooks feature an innovative dot pattern that tells the smartpen precisely what you’ve written or drawn. Livescribe paper is available at competitive prices in a variety of sizes and styles, and can even be printed for free with a laser printer.
Set up your Livescribe pen:
- Download the Livescribe smartphone app.
- Turn on the Livescribe pen by turning the central grip of the pen (green blinking light).
- Turn on your devices Bluetooth.
- Open the Livescribe smartphone app and pair the pen to your device (blue light).
- The smartpen icon will appear in the Livescribe mobile app.
- Start writing in your Livescribe notebook
As you begin to write, a copy of your handwritten notes will appear on the smartphone app, live. Once you have finished writing double click on the text, in the app, to view it as typed text.
For more support refer to the user guide.
Image from Livescribe website
To tag your writing for future reference, use the icons at the bottom of the page, tap the icon with the Livescribe pen and write to create a tag. This will help you index topics you write about.
You can also create a Pencast, an audio recording to support your writing. Start an audio recording by tapping your Livescribe pen on the Record button, printed on the bottom of the page, in your Livescribe notebook. Tap stop to end the recording.