Do you want to capture a screen video of you navigating around your iPhone/iPad? …To show Learners/Teachers how to download/use new apps or simply highlight some of the built in features?
Firstly, you must be running at least OS X Yosemite, one of the Mac’s latest operating systems.
Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the iPhone or iPad (with its USB cable) to a Mac computer (You must trust this computer to connect).
- On the Mac, open QuickTime Player.
- From the File menu, choose New Movie Recording.
- Then, from the pop-up menu next to the Record button, choose the iPhone’s name (or the iPad’s).
- The Phone/Tablet’s screen then appears in the QuickTime Player window.
- Move the mouse over the window, then click on the record button to capture you navigating around the Phone/Tablet.
- Once you have finished recording, click the stop button.
- From the File menu, Save and Name your video.
You will be able to create easy to follow videos to share with others.
Also, if you do not have Apple TV or a VGA connecting lead for your mobile device, this is a great way to show what’s on your screen in a classroom or to a large audience, if your Mac is connected to a projector.